Saturday, January 22, 2011

What went wrong?!?

Well, after gathering my coupons and shopping list, I headed off to the grocery store. I was so happy going up and down the aisles picking out my cart-full of savings.  Unfortunately, the total at the register didn't agree. I very quickly realized that I had scanned my store card...and all of my coupons. So where are my savings???  I guess you could say that was the moment I realized my pile of manufacturer coupons was sitting in a nice little pile...AT HOME! This is a couponers worst nightmare! After telling my husband about the debacle, he simply said..."you were rushed and it's a good lesson learned". What a doll I married! 

So, my advice to all of you is, gather everything you need the day BEFORE you go to the store. I usually do, but this time let time slip through my fingers without being properly prepared.

Get a 3-ring binder and fill it with baseball card inserts. Organize your coupons in it according to aisle or product. Take it with you to the store and as you pull an item off the shelf, put the corresponding coupons in the front folder (a separate one with some type of closure is best). 

This way you will never be left paying full price on your grocery bill. 

Wish me luck next time....LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment